Monday, September 1, 2014

Back to the boulders 15 weeks post-op

Armed with crash pads in the sector of boulders known as "La Cabezona°

After about two months post-op, the resurfacing began to improve at a faster rate than the revision had. Of course this may be mainly because I spent almost a year and a half suffering from the effects of the botched resurfacing before the revision. I had even given up going out for short walks for the last couple of months before I saw Koen De Smet for the first time, because of the pain. On the right side, I really didn't have much pain before the resurfacing and I was able to continue hiking and climbing right up to the surgery.

At any rate, after the revision I really didn't feel ready to start bouldering outdoors until about 10 months post-op. However with the resurfacing I felt ready to go much sooner. At around 15 weeks post-op I headed out with Martín. a friend from Necochea, to do some bouldering on La Barrosa. We went to a sector known as "La Cabezona".

Martín climbing a warm up boulder'

We both sent this V3 after a few tries:

Martín sends a V3

I managed to climb throught the crux roof on this V3 but I wasn't ready yet to force the easier highball exit







A week later I hiked up on top of La Barrosa, with my wife, Gaby, to boulder in a sector called La Media Tierra:

Gaby on top of La Barrosa

Gaby did some face climbs

Gaby climbing in La Media Tierra



There are several excellent V2s in La Media Tierra

A classic V2

I'm blocking off on a small, but positive, crimper

To reach the ginormous jug

Then a big move

and the top out

I also climbed on the face



I couldn't do this problem



but I managed to do some other ones






























No comments:

Post a Comment