Wednesday, September 10, 2014

During the fifth month post-op

Climbing the 5.9 arete at las vias del Bosque on La Barrosa 

During the fifth month post-op we climbed several times with ropes, including a couple of trips to las vias del Bosque on La Barrosa, where my 12 year old daughter climbed the following 5.9 arete for her first time:

Ceci top ropes the 5.9 arete

Ceci prepares for a tricky hand traverse

That same day, I managed to redpoint a 5.11a face called la Placa Lista that I haven't been able to do for years (7 years?). It's not that the route is so difficult, but it does require a big high-step with the left leg (my revised hip) and there's not much way around that. It took me more than two years post-op before I finally recovered the necessary flexibility.

Tim and Gaby at the start of la Placa Lista

After the crux move of la Placa Lista

Finishig up la Placa Lista

Ceci also managed to top rope the 11a face climb with one hang


Ceci climbing la Placa Lista

At the end of the day, when I started the hike down, I found Ceci in a tree, like this



Another day we went to the routes above the autodromo where Martín and I climbed a 5.9 gear route for the first time.

Hero pose near the start of a 5.9 gear route

Butt shot on the crux


Martín with one of those funky crack moves

Martín in the exit slot

Yet another day we were back to las vias del Bosque where we climbed a short 5.10d called Rock Nacional.

Starting up Rock Nacional



Martín climbing Rock Nacional

Martín higher up on the route 

Me on the top out

We also top roped a stout 5.11 that I need to get back to and redpoint


Top roping a stout 5.11
First a roof

Then an awkward position before entering into the crux

The kids kept busy with their own creations

Rafael and Ceci with beautiful light



















No comments:

Post a Comment